Important Information for April 2021 Graduates in the College of Humanities
Dear BYU College of Humanities Graduates,
Congratulations on reaching this huge milestone in your life! We honor you for your commitment to your personal growth and education. As part of your graduation celebration, the College of Humanities will be holding a convocation ceremony for the December 2020 and the April, June, and August 2021 graduates. Unfortunately, as you know by now, due to COVID restrictions, BYU guidelines, and for the safety of all, we are only able to offer a virtual graduation. This ceremony will be available beginning Friday, April 23rd at 8:00am. You will be able to find more information and the actual links at humgraduation.byu.edu once the site is ready.
We know that graduation is an incredibly important moment for you, and we want to do all we can to make it memorable. To accomplish this, during the ceremony we will be displaying a slide with your photo, name, degree, and the option of a brief gratitude message or favorite quote. It will look similar to this.
So here is what we need from you. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY OR WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HONOR YOU IN THE CONVOCATION CEREMONY
1. Download these attachments using Adobe Acrobat Reader to edit the slide template:
2. In the “Grad Slide” attachment,
a. Follow the prompts to add your name, degree, and a brief quote or gratitude message
b. Upload your BYU-appropriate portrait (only you—no other person, animal, etc.) by double clicking the photo area and choosing “Browse” on the pop-up. Graduation robes are not required, but BYU dress standards are.
c. Save this slide in the following manner LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_NETID.pdf (use your name and Net ID—e.g., JUNG_BRIGHAM_PIONEER47)
3. In the “Release” attachment,
a. Check the boxes indicating that you agree with the statements.
b. Add your name and Net ID in the appropriate places and save in the following manner RELEASE_NETID.pdf (use your Net ID—e.g., RELEASE_PIONEER47)
4. Please upload the above items to your corresponding department's webpage:
- American Studies
- Asian & Near Eastern Languages
- Comparative Arts & Letters
- French & Italian
- German & Russian
- Second Language Teaching
- Spanish & Portuguese
5. OPTIONAL: Upload 1 or 2 random photos of yourself in class, around campus, at events, etc. to this webpage. Due to the number of graduates, we ask that you submit no more than 2 photos. We will choose photos from those submitted and will edit them into “processional” and “recessional” video reels.
PLEASE NOTE: All images, quotes, gratitude messages, etc. that you submit must be BYU appropriate. By using the link and submitting photos and documents, you agree to have your images used by our College for this purpose. You also acknowledge that you are the sole owner of the submission(s).